Your beard is an important part of your look, and it’s important to keep it clean and healthy. But with so many options to wash your face, why do you need a special wash?
We will break down what it is, why you should use it and how to use it in order to keep your skin and beard hair looking good!
What is beard wash?
It differs from normal face washes, shampoo or even soap bars.
This wash is designed to clean and condition to your beard without drying it out. Traditional face washes, shampoo and soap bars are designed to eliminate excess oils, which is great for the areas that have that, but your face/especially the lower part where the hair grows that is a no-no.
Your beard and the skin underneath typically does not produce the amount of oil your head does, plus oil is what you need to maintain a soft and strong beard. So, using a wash that would remove those oils would not be helpful to the overall goal of a healthy beard.
Instead it is designed with to gently clean your skin of the dead skin cells and bacteria that can clog your pores and suffocate your beard from growing!
What makes a good beard wash?
As mentioned above, a good wash will achieve two things:
#1 – Clean the skin and beard hair by removing dead skin cells and bacteria
#2 – Not strip your beard hair or skin of much needed moisture,
And with ingredients that achieves those two things will contain a mixture of:
- cleansing ingredients (like plantapon)
- exfoliating ingredients (like citric acid)
and of course moisturizing ingredients:
- Argan Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
How to use?
Here are the steps on how to wash your beard properly:
- Wet your beard and apply a small amount of wash.
- Massage into your beard and skin.
- Rinse it out of your beard with water.
- Pat your beard dry with a towel.
- Apply a beard oil or beard butter to your beard.
We hope by now you understand the importance of using a specifically designed wash for facial hair instead of a soap bar, face wash or shampoo, but if not here is a quick breakdown of the many benefits to using it, including:
- It cleans your beard of dirt, oil, and sweat.
- It conditions your beard and makes it softer and smoother.
- It can help to prevent dandruff and itching.
- It can help to keep your beard looking its best.